Welcome to our new website. This is our first post.Read More
Welcome to The Little Explorers 2020 – 2021
The EYFS curriculum...what is it all about?
Homework will be sent out each Monday in your child’s bookbag. Please bring your child’s bookbag, reading books and homework back into school by the Friday, this will allow us the quarantine the returned items for at least 48 hours.
In your child’s reception bookbag you will find:
- A levelled Read Write Inc. book – when appropriate
- A fiction or non-fiction text to share with your child
- A Story Time Snuggle reading record – please record what your child is reading at home in order for them to achieve a Reading Treasure
- A Read Write Inc. reading help sheet for parents
- An orange homework book – each week a new task will be set. As much as possible the homework will be a hands on learning experience
- A Read Write Inc. alphabet help sheet – this sheet shows the image which goes with each letter, the handwriting phrase and some examples of red words (words which cannot be decoded)
- A number line
- A set of laminated Numicon pieces