The Terrific Toucans have been LOVING learning Firework poetry. They created their own poems...Read More
Welcome to the Terrific Toucans Year 1 Page!
Class Teacher: Miss Morris
Teaching Assistant: Mrs Walls
Please follow our learning journey on twitter:
What will our year look like?
Here is a link to the Year One English objectives for Reading and Writing, Spoken Language and SPaG (Spelling, Punctuation and Grammar).
Make sure to check this page for information about our developing English learning!
Phonics is taught daily through the Read Write Inc. programme. For more information on this please follow the link below. There are some fabulous resources and videos that will help you understand the Phonics programme and how you can support your child at home. 🙂
Here is a link to the Year One Maths objectives. https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/335158/PRIMARY_national_curriculum_-_Mathematics_220714.pdf
We currently follow the White Rose Maths scheme. This is the yearly overview of what the children will be learning each term and each week.
Click the link below for an overview of the curriculum broken down into smaller steps!
- Spellings Summer 1 Week 1 - OW OU
- Spellings Summer 1 Week 2 - y ee
- Spellings Summer 1 Week 3 - ear hear with your ear
- Spellings Summer 1 Week 4 - aw au
- Y1 All About Me Autumn 1 Knowledge Organiser 2020
- Y1 Animal Kingdom Summer 1 Knowledge Organiser 2021
- Y1 Castles Kings and Queens Autumn 2 Knowledge Organiser 2020
- Y1 Gardeners World Spring 2 Knowledge Organiser 2021
- Y1 Great Fire of London Summer 2 Knowledge organiser 2021
Year Group Curriculum Coverage:
Spellings are sent home weekly. During the Autumn term, we are focusing on learning spelling patterns linked to Phonics sounds. We will later progress onto weekly Spelling tests.
- Friday 11th DEC 2020 - me he we she
- Friday 20th November 2020 - ay oy
- Friday 27th November 2020 - me he we she
- Friday 27th November 2020 - oa oe ow o